Busk & Balter in Naples, NY – June 1, 2019
Don’t miss the third annual Busk & Balter in Naples sponsored by the Naples Valley Visitor’s Association. It features street performers, tastings and family fun in the heart of Naples, NY. Stroll Main Street and enjoy musicians, line dancers, jugglers and other surprises. Naples merchants will host our 3 local wineries, as well as other guests to feature tastings of wines, cider, craft brew and spirits from 1:30-3PM. ($5 donation) “Live” music will follow at Hazlitt Red Cat Cellars, Brew & Brats, Roots Cafe and the Naples Hotel. Click here to see details as they unfold on their Facebook Page! Plan on dinner in Naples, too, and stay the night at Another World Bed & Breakfast.
Canandaigua Wine Walks!
Dates: June 1, August 3, October 5, December 7, 2019
Time: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM EST
Enjoy sampling the finest Finger Lakes wine while walking historic Canandaigua! For your convenience, purchase ALL WINE WALK glasses at 120 South Main Street. The cost is $10.00 a glass. Must be 21 or over to participate. Bring your glass from a previous Wine Walk and save a dollar. Cash only and please bring proof of legal age. Local merchants include apparel shops, gift shops and novelty items, art galleries, restaurants and much more!
7th Annual Finger Lakes Plein Air Competition & Festival – June 4-9, 2019
The 7th annual Finger Lakes Plein Air Competition & Festival will be June 4th – 9th, 2019, featuring forty talented artists from across the country, who will paint the beauty of Canandaigua and the Finger Lakes, outdoors, rain or shine. Featured again in 2019, the Canandaigua Wine Trail Paint Out and Naples will culminate in a free exhibition and wet paint sale on Thursday, June 7th from 6 – 8 pm at Hazlitt’s Red Cat Wine Cellars. This unique festival welcomes art buyers and the public alike to an event celebrating the beauty of the Finger Lakes through the lens of the Plein Air painting experience. Please also follow their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesPleinAir.
Ring of Fire – August 31, 2019
The Labor Day Weekend Ring of Fire has a historical context. The people of the Seneca celebrated Genundowa (Festival of Lights) where lake fires of tobacco were lit to express gratitude for being saved from the Great Snake and for a bountiful harvest, good hunting, and fishing.
Regardless of the reason for the celebration, a Ring of Fire around the lakes is a stunning celebratory display that will be emblazoned in your memory. Every Saturday of Labor Day weekend, Canandaigua Lake’s perimeter glows at dark. The first fire is lit at the top of Bare Hill overlooking the lake followed by residents around the shoreline who then light a fire or flare that creates a ring around the entire lake, marking the unofficial end of summer.
Naples Grape Festival – September 21-22, 2019
The Naples Grape Festival celebrates the grape harvest season, locally-made grape foods, and arts and crafts. World’s Greatest Grape Pie Contest, outdoor music, wine-tasting, food trucks and plenty of family-friendly activities to delight kids of all ages, this is a festival you won’t want to miss!
Hiking and Biking
The Finger Lakes area is perfect for outdoor adventures and all four seasons have plenty to offer. For the hiking and biking enthusiasts, there are many places to hike and bike in and around Naples:
- Cumming Nature Center – Hike well maintained loop trails that feature a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trails are primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.
- Grimes Glen – Hike a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail (bring your water shoes!) that features waterfalls and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September.
- Ontario County Park – Over 400 acres of open space and woods! This park has some of the best views in Ontario County and the Finger Lakes Region. There are over 12 miles of multi-use trails located in the park.
- Hi Tor Wildlife Management Area – The 6100 acre High Tor Wildlife Management Area has many steep wooded hills, gullies, eroded cliffs and marshlands. The area is well named by the word TOR which means craggy hill or peak. The largest part of the area, approximately 3,400 acres just east of the Village of Naples, is primarily scenic steep wooded terrain, intersected by truck trails used as foot access to the more remote sections of the area.
Wine, wine and more wine
The Finger Lakes Region is famous for its wineries. There are several wineries right here in Naples. Check out the Canandaigua Lake Wine Trail for all this area has to offer.
Hot Air Ballooning
Launch directly from Another World Bed and Breakfast! We are very excited to be a host location in Naples for hot air balloon flights with our partner Liberty Balloon. Enjoy fantastic views of Canandaigua Lake and surrounding areas. Flights take off right here from our property at sunrise or sunset. You will enjoy an unforgettable adventure which includes helping inflate your balloon, an hour flight and then packing your balloon up after landing. You will be transported back to Another World for either breakfast or a glass of wine. All flights are dependent upon weather condition. Balloons hold up to 4 persons. For more information and to book your flight, please call Liberty Balloon directly at 585-243-3178.
Joseph’s Wayside Market on Main Street in Naples is one of the largest open air farm markets in the Finger Lakes Region. Family-owned and operated business since 1955. There’s something for everyone: fresh fruit and vegetables, seasonal plants grown in their very own greenhouses, specialty gourmet groceries & baked goods, rustic patio furniture, wine and so much more!
Finger Lakes Food Tours in Canandaigua offers a leisurely, guided 3 hour walking food tour where you get to sample exceptionally good ‘offerings’ from area restaurants and specialty shops while learning interesting tidbits of Canandaigua’s history, culture and sights.
There are a lot of boating, kayaking, canoeing and fishing opportunities around. We have several kayaks on site that you are welcome to rent (see Specials section).
Other boating opportunities are:
- Smith Boys – Boat Rentals in Naples – Canandaigua Lake
- Canandaigua Sailboarding – Stand Up Paddleboarding, kayaking, windsurfing, SCUBA
- German Brothers Marina – Canandaigua Lake
- Canadice Lake Outfitters – Canoe, Kayak, and Stand Up Paddleboards on the pristine Canadice lake
- Tennity’s Guide Service & Fishing Charters – your fishing adventure on Honeoye Lake
Enjoy golfing right here in Naples.
- Reservoir Creek Golf Course – The 18-hole “Reservoir Creek” course features 6,291 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. The course rating is 70.1 and it has a slope rating of 120 on Blue grass. Designed by Blaine Harrison, the Reservoir Creek golf course opened in 2000.
A Night at the Theater. The Bristol Valley Theater in Naples, NY, presents professional performances from June through September. The 2019 Summer Season series feature a variety of theater and music.