Canandaigua Wine Walk 1st Saturday in December!
Enjoy sampling the finest Finger Lakes wine while walking historic Canandaigua! Start with a commemorative wine glass for $8 at 143 South Main St. and enjoy all the tastings at any participating merchant along the way. Cash only and please bring proof of legal age. Local merchants include apparel shops, gift shops and novelty items, art galleries, restaurants and much more!
Stay with us that weekend and receive 10% discount off our standard room rate!
Ski / Winter Sports
Bristol Mountain Ski Resort and Hunt Hollow Ski Club are just minutes away from Another World Bed and Breakfast. Enjoy the views from the summit. The slopes and trails are breathtaking and provide a variety of inclines for every skier and snowboarder from beginner to expert. Please see our Stay & Ski Package on the Specials page. Cumming Nature Center also offers trails for cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing.
Hiking and Biking
The Finger Lakes area is perfect for outdoor adventures and all four seasons have plenty to offer. For the hiking and biking enthusiasts, there are many places to hike and bike in and around Naples:
- Cumming Nature Center – Hike well maintained loop trails that feature a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trails are primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.
- Grimes Glen – Hike a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail (bring your water shoes!) that features waterfalls and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September.
- Ontario County Park – Over 400 acres of open space and woods! This park has some of the best views in Ontario County and the Finger Lakes Region. There are over 12 miles of multi-use trails located in the park.
- Hi Tor Wildlife Management Area – The 6100 acre High Tor Wildlife Management Area has many steep wooded hills, gullies, eroded cliffs and marshlands. The area is well named by the word TOR which means craggy hill or peak. The largest part of the area, approximately 3,400 acres just east of the Village of Naples, is primarily scenic steep wooded terrain, intersected by truck trails used as foot access to the more remote sections of the area.
Wine, wine and more wine
The Finger Lakes Region is famous for its wineries. There are several wineries right here in Naples. Check out the Canandaigua Lake Wine Trail for all this area has to offer.
Hot Air Ballooning
Launch directly from Another World Bed and Breakfast! We are very excited to be a host location in Naples for hot air balloon flights with our partner Liberty Balloon. Enjoy fantastic views of Canandaigua Lake and surrounding areas. Flights take off right here from our property at sunrise or sunset. You will enjoy an unforgettable adventure which includes helping inflate your balloon, an hour flight and then packing your balloon up after landing. You will be transported back to Another World for either breakfast or a glass of wine. All flights are dependent upon weather condition. Balloons hold up to 4 persons. For more information and to book your flight, please call Liberty Balloon directly at 585-243-3178.
Finger Lakes Food Tour offers a leisurely, guided 3 hour walking food tour where you get to sample exceptionally good ‘offerings’ from area restaurants and specialty shops while learning interesting tidbits of Canandaigua’s history, culture and sights.
There are a lot of boating, kayaking, canoeing and fishing opportunities around. We have several kayaks on site that you are welcome to rent. Other boating opportunities are:
- Smith Boys – Boat Rentals in Naples – Canandaigua Lake
- Canandaigua Sailboarding – Stand Up Paddleboarding, kayaking, windsurfing, SCUBA
- German Brothers Marina – Canandaigua Lake
- Canadice Lake Outfitters – Canoe, Kayak, and Stand Up Paddleboards on the pristine Canadice lake
- Harbor Lights Marina – Keuka Lake
- Tennity’s Guide Service & Fishing Charters – your fishing adventure on Honeoye Lake
Enjoy golfing right here in Naples.
- Reservoir Creek Golf Course – The 18-hole “Reservoir Creek” course features 6,291 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. The course rating is 70.1 and it has a slope rating of 120 on Blue grass. Designed by Blaine Harrison, the Reservoir Creek golf course opened in 2000.
A Night at the Theater. The Bristol Valley Theater in Naples, NY, presents professional performances from May through October. The Swing into Spring, Summer Season, and Fall for the Arts series feature a variety of theater, music, dance, and improvisational comedy performances.
Naples Grape Festival
Since 1961, the grape festival is held every September in our valley to celebrate the areas grape harvest, talented artisans, wine makers, local and regional music and cuisine. The Naples Grape Festival is held at the Naples High School Grounds and across the street at Memorial Town Hall from 10am till 5pm, rain or shine. Come and enjoy wine, food, arts, crafts and local/regional music. Bake a pie for the World’s Greatest Grape Pie Contest and sample every thing “grape” that our valley has to offer.